Monday, August 8, 2016

MHKDesigns August Inspiration



Hello all!
Today I am on the
sharing my Inspiration Project for August.

I have a lot of time on my hands lately
so I've been experimenting with some new, to me, types of paper crafts.

This is a mixed media canvas I created using the 



I used quite a variety of items and mediums on this 7x14" canvas.
The 3 butterflies and sentiment were colored with pencils & fussy cut.
The canvas was painted, first, with 3 different glimmer mists.
I added texture with a stencil & texture paste.
I added wood elements which were painted with metallic acrylic paint.
I framed the sentiment with a die cut,
which I also painted to match the wood pieces.
There are a few metal pieces at the top.
I added paper flowers and finished up m with some pearls.

Here are some close ups




I will definitely be doing more pieces like this!

I hope I have inspired you to try something new & to
check out all the sets available at the

I'm linking up to:
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - ATG Mixed Media/Altered Art








SaveSave
SaveSave

12 comments:

  1. I just love your mixed media canvas. Great colours and fabulous design. Nice work.

    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the colors and texture!! The butterflies look amazing!! The flowers and details are perfect!! Absolutely beautiful!! Thank you so much for playing along at Anything But Cute for our Shabby Garden Challenge!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'll be! You sure do need to do some more of these because this design is lovely. The stenciled background really adds a nice ground to the butterflies. Vintage and shabby all at the same time. Those flowers and the chippies are so fun and the pearls are the perfect finishing touch. Fantabulous and awesome sauce!

    Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute for our "Shabby Garden" challenge! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, this project totally blows me away! I LOVE the gorgeous colors, the fabulous shine and texture, and all the pearly accents! Amazing artwork, my friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful canvas,love the texture and colour palette.
    Loving the stamps,your butterfly is beautiful..
    Thank you for joining us this month at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful canvas, great textures and embellishing..fabulous butterfly...love the stamp set...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
  7. very impressive canvas - such gorgeous textures hun and the butterfly stunning. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful canvas Judy and I love all the interesting details you included.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very elegant looking canvas Judy! gr8 job and thankyou for joining us at HLS!!
    Seemaa

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful canvas
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Laine DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete


  12. Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Kristyn DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete