Saturday, March 8, 2014

Peace Dove


I'm back for a second post today.  I've created a card that I'll submit to two challenges.
I've used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and the color combo from





I have to say trying to get those 2 skewed pieces of card stock to look right was not
the easiest thing I've done all day, but I managed to make it look okay.  I went through
3 pieces of red card stock and then the first attempt at embossing was done on the
wrong side. So there was a lot of trial and error. But, I think the end result turned out 
all right. Thanks for taking a look!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful clean design. The embossed background is lovely. Thanks for joining the March Colour challenge at 52 {C}CT.
    Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout, such a great take on the sketch. A beautiful card with a traditional Christmas look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your efforts with this card paid off! The finished product is just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made it look more than ok Judy - it's gorgeous. A beautiful traditional Christmas card. LOVE that embossed panel. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the gorgeous embossing, Judy! This is simple and elegant! Absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you rocked the sketch - looks fab! Love the embossed holly. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab layout for this card - lovely embossing too - thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did a great job with that layout - it looks deceptively easy, I struggle with skewed panels! I love the embossing and your rich colour scheme! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at 52 {C}CT Judy, hope to see you soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, ,love the embossing. Fab use of the sketch and of course our colour palette, thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete