Sunday, October 20, 2013

DD #75

I made a card yesterday afternoon after I saw the colors Dynamic Duos is using this
week.  The challenge is to use deep orange and black with an option of Halloween.



Here's what I decided to do.



I know it's not your typical Halloween card, but I don't always like to be typical.  I
 sometimes like to make more elegant Halloween cards as opposed to cute or scary.
 Anyway,the DP is  from the Haunted Manor mat stack by Recollections.  And I used my
 EK Success acanthus border punch, which I think is kinda goth looking.  The flower is a
combination of some black paper flowers I had and I punched the orange ones.  I stamped
the greeting on a strip of card stock and used the border punch on the ends.  Finished up
with some pearls. I didn't have any orange pearls so I colored white ones with a sharpie
 marker. And there you have it.  Thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

  1. Judy, I love that this isn't your typical Halloween card and you have pulled this elegant one off. It's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This truly is a very elegant Halloween card. Great border punch you used! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete